Monday, May 31, 2010

Vinnie Paz - Season of the Assassin (review)


Vinnie Paz - Season of the Assassin

I've been a fan of Jedi Mind Tricks for years. At the first glance it must seem kind of weird if you know me and now what kind of hip-hop I usually listen to. Not a lot of guns and violence there. JMT however is full of violent imagery as well as machisimo. So why do I like it so much? Well, it all comes down to the comibiantion of amazing productions by Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind and the honest straight to the point lyrics by Vinnie Paz. Vinnie also has one of my favourite voices in music.
So when I found out that Vinnie was going to release a solo album I was both happy and a bit apprehensive. I looked forward to hearing him do his thing all over again, but was not sure what to expect since Stoupe was not doing any of the productions on the album.
Season of the Assassin, who was originally called Assassin's Creed, has now leaked a couple of weeks before it's release and what do I think of it? I love it! All my fears when it comes to the productions was squashed almost immediately. Producers such as Sicknature, Madlib, Da Beatminerz and Lord Finesse have all come up with great beats that really goes well with Vinnies style. I won't get tired of Season of the Assassin anytime soon.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments: