Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Paranoid Castle - Champagne Nightmares


I have to start out by saying that I totally missed out on Paranoid Castle's debut One Way Ticket from 2004. So if this album is a logical development or not since then I have no idea. I do know though that Kirby Dominant is a stable emcee and his other earlier work with Factor have always been worth listening to. Kirby's playful flow rides easily on top of Factor's productions. The problem with a whole album from the two of them is that there is too much of the same thing. Never bad, but too light and easily digastable in some way. Like a friend of mine said, it's perfect music to play in the background. So what then is the real problem? Well, to me it's Kirby Dominant. I think that his vocals never really catches the attention and I seem to start thinking of other things while listening. I would probably have enjoyed Champagne Nightmares more if it had been a strictly instrumental album. But still, too light weight for me overall.


Rating: 2.5/5

No comments: