Thursday, October 24, 2013

pavleisdead - Predestination for the Labyrinth

I love coming across artists I never heard about and know nothing about, and then really like their music. That's the case with pavleisdead. The only thing I know of the man behind this album that he's a 19 year old guy from Croatia. 
When I first listened to Predestination for the Labyrinth I wasn't really feeling it at all and was more than willing to dismiss it. But one morning I let it stay in my headphones on my way to work, and then it slowly opened up to me. It's like the soundtrack to a non-existing movie with a lot of layers and unexpected turns. Well, now I lied a bit. There actually is a bit of film to watch while listening to this, but I was just making a point. It's dirty and distorted at the same time as it's frail and beautiful. And what really speaks to me is how it all sticks together so well, it's a really well formulated album. Probably not a record for most people, but I'm at least happy to have made this acquaintance.

Rating: 7/10

No comments: