Saturday, April 30, 2011

13 & God - Own Your Ghost


Some records are more difficult than others to review. The kind of records where you can't really find the words to explain why you feel the way you do about it. Own Your Ghost is one of those. It's the follow up to 13 & God that came out 6 years ago. 13 & God is for you who don't know, the collaboration between the groups subtle, Themselves and The Notwist. It's atmospheric, twisted, low key and simply beautiful music all at the same time. doseone is always a pleasure to listen to, and the mix between his and Marcus Acher's vocals are just right. And the productions and instrumentation by jel, Dax Pierson and the others are a real treat for my ears. I know I'm mostly mumbling out phrases right now, but I told you that this is the kind of album that I find difficult to review. All I really need to say though is that you really should buy this album when it's released on May 17th. It's one of the best albums of 2011.

Rating:  4.5/5

No comments: