Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Backburner - Heatwave

People that know of my love for Canadian hiphop, and my deep respect for the label Hand’Solo Records, might understand that I got really excited when this CD came with the mailman the other day. Backburner is nothing more than a so-called super crew consisting of some of Canada's finest. Or what else can one say when it's members include amongst others Fresh Kils, Wordburglar, Timbuktu, More Or Les, Uncle Fes, Ghettosocks, Jesse Dangerously, Thesis Sahib and Johnny Hardcore. But I was also a bit wary since albums like this rarely works all the way. This album might not end up as a classic, or even something that I will return to often in the future. But I know that whenever I will listen to it, I will appreciate it for what it is. A solid compilation of bangers that got me bumping my head all through the 14 tracks. And that can't be said of every album out there. Hand'Solo Records might not drop albums often, but when they do it's always good. And Heatwave can hold it's head high next to the other classic releases.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: