Saturday, August 25, 2012

C Money Burns - Friends with Money

What I like about Milled Pavement is that they have a quite wide range of musical styles that they release. There's no hidden agenda behind it all, they just drop records with people that they personally like and want to get out there. Unfortunately that also means that the quality to other people vary a lot at times. As much as I love the label and artists such as Brzowski, Moshe, Emoh Betta, Bokklubben etc, there have been releases that I don't like at all. One of those is their lastest release from C Money Burns. His productions just leave me completely cold all through the album, and not even guest spots from people such as nomar slevik, Wormhole, Virtue and MC Homeless can save the album from just feeling lackluster. If you're a fan, unlike me, of electrodisco productions though, I think you should check out Friends with Money.
Rating: 3.5/10

No comments: