Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Two Reviews of: DenMother - Insides Out


Michael's review: 
The first time I stumbled across anything with DenMother was when she released a split cassette with coyote clean up at the end of last year. Now she's back with a new tape on I had An Accident Records. Insides Out is all about disdainful, lonely electronic soundwaves combined with dreamy vocal layers. It's definitely headphones music, and just closing the door to the outside world. It's darkness at it's very best

Jessika's review: 
Every time Michael asks me to do a double review I´m so delighted because it means more introduction to new music. Even if I´m a sucker for those lonely boys with acoustic guitars, I´m always up for a “broaden my music taste challenge” so here are some of my thoughts in that attempt this time. 
The first few songs really put a smile on my face. It contained a roughness and an industrial feeling to it, and that is always something that goes well down my ear canals. It is also a nice soundtrack to the miserable summer that we have had so far. 
But somewhere around track number 4, Stars, it slows down a bit and becomes mellower, and I have to say that disappointed me. It was the roughness that hooked me and here I just get bored to be honest. In the end it felt like it was just one of those records you find in an alternative store on the yoga, relaxation or “find your inner self” shelf on your mission to buy some more incense. Still worth a checkout because of the first songs, so off you go and prove me wrong.

Michael's rating: 5/10
Jessika's rating: 4/10

No comments: