Wednesday, October 03, 2012

cars & trains - We Are All Fire

The Roots, The Leaves was one of my absolute favourite albums of 2010, so I've really been looking forward to this follow up from Tom Filepp's cars & trains. After my first listen I loved it, but after a couple of more I felt that something was missing somehow. I wasn't able to put my finger on it, but I think it was that We Are All Fire wasn't as immediate as his last album. But with that being said, this album still is very good and I think it is one that will grow more and more on me, and end up being a really good piece of art. He's a incredibly talented musician, and sometimes great art doesn't hit home at once. I really should be reviewing this after listening to it for a couple of months, but for now this will have to do.
Rating: 7.5/10

No comments: