Thursday, March 07, 2013

Sadistik - Flowers for My Father

It's a true joy to see an artist constantly evolving, improving, reaching. Sadistik is one of those artists. Someone who doesn't settle for what's easy or trying to fit in with what everyone else is doing. He strives to bring out the personal in everything he does, and we as listeners get to enjoy beautiful music because of it. I really liked The Balancing Act when it dropped back in 2008, and ever since then he's slowly but surely picked out his own path with his music. 
Flowers for My Father is 13 songs of some of the best hip hop out there at the moment. Well, let me rephrase that, it's some of the best music out there at the moment. Simply defining Sadistik as a hip hop artist is only restricting him, and he's so much more than that. Flowers for My Father is a great start of the year for him and for Fake Four Inc.
Rating: 8/10

No comments: