Sunday, April 21, 2013

Beatoven - Tangled EP

I think I first stumbled across Beatoven when I found out that the guy behind the moniker, Stephen Baxter, also was a part of the amazing group Wild Dogs in Winter. They have now sadly enough stopped making music together, but the members have not been sleeping since then. Luke Payne creates stunning music under the name Thverfellshorn, Rhys Baker is A Native Hundred, and like earlier mentioned, Stephen is releasing music under the name of Beatoven. And such beautiful music it is! I liked Fully Baked EP that dropped back in 2010, but Tangled EP feels more matured, more finished somehow. 5 songs that hold their own no matter if they are instrumentals, such as Ground Born, or if we are treated to the vocals of Amy Hiller and the Palistinian emcee Boikutt. It feels like the time now is ready for a full length from Beatoven, I know that I will listen with enjoyment.
Rating: 6.5/10

No comments: