Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ancient Mith - And the Dead Shall Lie There

For some reason it seems like a lot of people are sleeping on Ancient Mith. I can't understand why. Sure, not all of his tracks are the most easily accessible, but he got talent coming out of his ass to be quite honest. This bearded gent has a rap style that is far from unique, but he got lyrics and tracks that stand out from most people that I listen to to. At times he feels like the hardcore version of Sage Francis, but that is also very unfair. Ancient Mith is a solid artist that easily can stand on his own without any comparisons. 
And the Dead Shall Lie There is not his most immidiate record to date, but give it time and let the tracks work their way inside your mind and body. I promise you won't be disappointed. The only thing really that I feel that I'm missing out here is the live version of him. As much as I love his recorded material, I get a feeling that it is live that he comes to his true glory. One day perhaps I will get to see him live, but until then I'm more than happy to listen to his records.
Rating: 7.5/10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A successful web site is about marketing, increasing sales leads, generating revenue, and maximizing brand awareness. The benefits of your services or products should be clearly seen with the use of crisp, clean content and imagery in an attractive format with easy-to-use navigation - and OVO Creatives will be able to help you achieve them all. Check this site: http://www.ovocreatives.com.au/web-design-australia.html