Friday, May 03, 2013

Chrystal Oak - Post Romanticism

Behind the name Chrystal Oak we find probably the most productive Swedish hip hop artist ever. This is the 14th(!) solo album from Prosperous. He's not just the most productive one, but he's also without a doubt one of the most talented. We do however run into a bit of a problem here. First off I have to say that I really like this album. We're treated to 15 tracks of high quality and it's on regular spin in the headphones. 
But the fact that he is as productive as he is, makes it a bit much after a few years. I've been listening to Prosperous since like 2004 and love him to death. He do however release too much material for his own good. Not everything he's dropped is of high quality, and after a while you kind of reach a limit of how many Prosperous tracks you can listen to. I kind of wish that he would release a solid release about every two years or something. That would make me long for new music from him. At the moment I've almost stopped being able to say which of his albums that I'm listening to at the moment. 
But with that being said, this is still better than most music out there, and I really feel that you should support the man. The album has now dropped as a digital release, but it will soon be released on a jelly red tape through Hiss Tapes. 
Rating: 6/10

No comments: