Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Future of the Blog

Some people may have read my post on Facebook saying that the blog will take an indefinite break. That is true and I just like to explain more closely as to why I've taken this decision and what it all really means. First off all, beats, breaks & big smiles is not dead. Far from it. I've just come to the realisation that I'm not quite sure anymore what I want to do with it.
What started out as a personal blog many years ago and later turned in to one about music have always been there for one reason mainly. For my own pleasure. I love to write, and why not then let other people take part of my writing and my opinions. And it's really been great. I've got to know some amazing people through the blog, and discovered all kinds of great music. In the end though it felt that I more and more just wrote reviews that no one's really interested in, and I can't blame them. I don't read other blogs, so why should anyone read mine? It feels like the only ones reading it, and giving me feedback, are the artists and labels themselves and I see less and less meaning in doing it for their pleasure only. So this last year I felt more and more bored with the whole thing to be honest, and it has shown as I've made quite few posts. So after some thought, I've decided to stop writing reviews because it's no longer rewarding in anyway for me.
This however doesn't mean that there won't be anymore posts in the future. I will still do the occasional interview since that is still something that I enjoy doing. My main focus however will be to do other things with beats, breaks & big smiles. Move it away from the writing a bit. I don't want to say too much about what I have in the works for the future since nothing is set in stone. But I can say this, records in physical forms will be released. No, the blog won't turn in to a label, it will only move in a different direction. So do stick around, the end is not here yet.

No comments: