Thursday, September 30, 2010

Scratch

I remember when I first moved to Gothenburg back in 2001. I just loved the hip hop shows that I was able to attend. First at the legendary club Fat Milk and later on at Scratch. This weekend Scratch is celebrating it's 8th year. Really impressive and I salute them. I will however not go there. I stopped going to that club for quite a while now. Why? Firstly because I don't think they bring any interesting artists anymore. They are keeping it kind of safe with reliable names. Totally understandable, but it's only interesting to go and see Swollen Members, Ill Bill and posse so many times. I wish they would bring more artists such as Duplex which they used to but I guess those days are over. Secondly I've just reached that point where hip hop shows don't really do it for me any more. One out of perhaps every 20th show I go to is interesting. The rest of them just bores me. The last time I went to Scratch was when Army of the Pharaohs played. I left after like two songs. One thing that I know though is that I won't miss Scratch when I leave Gothenburg. Happy birthday though!

No comments: