Monday, June 20, 2011

Gescha - Crayon Politics

 
I have to admit that Gescha is a completely new name to me. Lucky for me though he reached out to me last week and hooked me up with his album Crayon Politics. Some people might know Gescha from The Intelligentlemen. This is the first soloalbum from this Canadian artist and it's a good one. Gescha got a really nice flow and the productions that are done by Factor and Muneshine holds a high level of quality as usual. It's a really nice album with a laidback summer feel to it, and I can envision myself nodding along to this album in my hammock. If I had one that is. Gescha surrounds himself with some nice guests such as AWOL One, Gregory Pepper, Moka Only and Kay the Aquanaut. But he don't really need them to make this a good album. It's solid from beginning to end, and I know that I will bump this one quite a lot this summer. Wanna check it out? Then go to his Bandcamp page to get the digital version of the album that is available by donation.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments: