Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exile - 4 Trk Mind

I was really quite apprehensive when I first heard about this album. I loved Exile's album Radio when it came out in 2009. It was one of the best releases all year. So when I heard that he would go from doing an instrumental album to rapping too I didn't know what to think actually. I felt that this guy had talent enough not to have to have vocals on his music, but let the tracks speak for themselves. So what do I think about 4 Trk Mind then? Well, it's good. The productions are top notch as always, but the vocals are, well, mediocre to be honest. Exile is not much of an emcee and that brings down what could have been a great album to being just an ok one. I hope that next time around he leaves the microphone alone.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: