Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Red State

Red State

Review: Ever since I first heard about this movie over a year ago, I've been looking forward to seeing it. Kevin Smith is one of my all-time favourite movie makers, and the news that he was going to make a horror movie really got me excited about Red State. And today I finally got to watch it. It's the story of three teenagers who get an online invitation for sex and, being stupid teens, they take it. But they then find themselves the hostages of a psychotic Christian fundamentalists with disturbingly sinister agendas. That the Westborough Baptist Church is the inspiration behind these Christians is quite obvious. I wasn't too sure that Kevin Smith might pull off doing a horror/thriller flick, but boy was I wrong. This movie was better than I'd even hoped, and it once again shows why he is one of the most underrated movie makers out there.


No comments: