Friday, February 17, 2012

Busdriver - Beaus$Eros

I love Busdriver. He's been one of my favourite artists throughout the years, and no matter what he has come up with, he very rarely disappoints. So when I heard that he had joined up with Fake Four Inc. I got very excited. Unfortunately that excitement soon disappeared when I started to hear tracks from the upcoming album. It was way too pop for me, and Loden's electronic productions didn't impress me at all. I still had hope for the album though, but once I heard it in it's entirety a couple of days ago my worst fears got confirmed. Beaus$Eros was not a great album, or even an ok album if you ask me. I didn't like it on any level. And before anyone starts critiquing me for not letting Busdriver change and try new stuff, I have to say that they are wrong. Of course he has that right, and in many ways I would have been surprised if he hadn't tried some new territory. Unfortunately for me, it's just the wrong territory. I never liked the kind of 80's electronic productions that Loden serves up, and Busdriver singing is not my idea of a good time. It feels like he's trying to catch a wider appeal by going the pop route, kind of like his label mate sole did with Hello Cruel World. And probably he will get more listeners by doing this, he just won't keep me as one of them.

Rating: 3.5/10

No comments: