Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two Reviews of Crunk Witch - Faith in the Thief

Time for another double review courtesy of Michael and Jessika, and first of is Michael.
Michael's review:
Wow! Listening to Crunk Witch is like listening to all available sounds at the same time. It's like the mad man's version of a musical that you know won't have a happy ending. It's chaotic and haunting at the same time as it's beautiful and full of feelings. I know that the husband and wife duo that is Crunk Witch will probably hate me now, but at times I get the same feeling listening to this as when I listen to Enter Shikari. The difference though is that this feels much more thought through and that it's more than just a pose. That this is something that they do because they love it, and I really love them for it. I remember when I first heard their debut album The Legends of Manicorn, and the slight shock I got when I expected it to sound like the rest of Milled Pavement's rooster. But that album grew on me and found its special place in my collection. And that's the thing about Faith in the Thief too. It won't end up on my top 10 of 2012. I probably won't even listen to it that often. But at times their crazy electronic theatre is just what no one else can give me, and then I know I will pick out this album again. I love musicans that follows their heart and create exactly what they feel like, and that's why Crunk Witch will always be a group that I will keep track of and support.

Jessika's review:
I´m amazed, blown away to be honest. It’s rare to come across music that brings so many feelings in one package. I go from laughter to crying, from smiling to cringing and from feeling great to feeling a bit uncomfortable, to put it mildly. Not an all through pleasant experience as you can see.
The music makes me laugh and smile because of all the energy that fills it. It´s a fun mixture of all you can think of. Not a successful choice if you ask me at all times but as I said, fun.
The cringing and feeling a bit queasy comes from the resemblance of hearing an imaginative David Bowie stuck in a paper shredder from time to time. I know I wouldn’t have done it much better, in fact I know I wouldn’t have done it at all. But I´m glad somebody did, and I´m sure that someone else with a different taste than mine will love it.
What really makes me happy though, is that Crunk Witch comes with the impression that these people doesn´t give a toss about what others think; they are doing their thing and loving it. Good for them.
And thank God for different views and different tastes. How dull life would be without it.

Michael's rating: 5/10 
Jessika's rating: 3/10


No comments: