Friday, July 06, 2012

Open Mike Eagle - 4NML HSPTL

I think that the first time I heard Open Mike Eagle was back in 2008 as a part of Thirsty Fish. I really loved their album Testing the Waters and it was then obvious what a talent on the mic OME was. The talent haven't disminished since then either, quite the opposite. He's a good representive of the next generation from Project Blowed. An amazing emcee with styles and lyrics galore. I wasn't really surprised when I heard that he had hooked up with Fake Four Inc. for his latest solo album. Unfortunately I wasn't that surprised either that I found 4NML HSPTL as a bit of a sleeping pill. Don't get me wrong, it's a mighty fine piece of art that OME have created together with UK producer Awkward. As quite often nowadays, the productions that are very popular in underground leftfield circles, are not my cup of tea. They don't do anything for me, and not a single song on the album makes my head nod approvingly. Feel free to check it out though, I actually urge you to. Artists such as Open Mike Eagle need more time in the limelight in a world filled with fake personas.
Rating: 5/10

No comments: