Friday, July 20, 2012

Perseph One - Nikola's Spirit

When I listened to prison soup's tape last month, I really got enticed by Perseph One's guest spot. I had never heard of her before, and just wished that I would be able to hear some more stuff from her. And someone seems to have answered my prayers, because just a few weeks later I stumbled across this brand new release from her. Nikola's Spirit is quite the listening experience and perhaps not something that everyone would like at first. But dig a little deeper and you will find weird and wonderful soundscapes that are truly atmosperic and gripping. It's a nicely mixed bags of instrumental tracks and poetic vocal driven ones, where you realise that she's both an amazing producer as well as a great lyricist. It's lo-fi, it's a bit twisted and it's really really good. Don't believe me? Go here to find out for yourself.
Rating: 7/10

No comments: