Friday, July 27, 2012

The Chicharones - Swine Flew

There's something about Josh Martinez's voice that always makes me happy. There also used to be a time when whenever I heard something from him I knew it would be good and interesting. He's always been able to combine humour with skills and interesting lyrics, but with time I must say that I have listened to him less and less. Not because he's gotten worse or anything. More that he's own twist of comedy hip hop sometimes just gets too much. Perhaps the reason why I never really fallen for The Chicharones lies in there somewhere. The combination of Josh and Sleep is on one side a good combination since they're both very talented. But it always ends up being too much party and bullshit about it all which makes me a bit tired to be honest. I know that this sounds like a diss of Swine Flew, but that's not my intent. It's a good record, but there is nothing about it that will make me return to it. Good but plain.
Rating: 5/10

No comments: