Monday, February 26, 2007

(Because)

Because her eyes were louder
than my heart beat
Her gaze drove me insane
with temptation and lust
because her eyes were as stunning
as the walks in the park
on chilly nights where her arm
would keep me warm
Her eyes resembled the vastness
of the star-lit sky
Because she understood timing
my yes and my no
Her words were as gentle as her touch
our lips were synchronized
our bodies spoke clearly
Because her smile was forever
like the promise of love she made
Her laughter, a beautiful reminder
that tears and bruises were non-existent
Because she knew without asking
but asked without shame
Her bed was comfortable
we shared a common warmth
Because she was caged in my heart
the world was too large
coffee and pencils were our obsession
She taught me to be a lover
one day at a time
Because
She gave me the world...

No comments: