Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blindspot - Apart

First time I listened through Apart I quite liked it. The voice of Mr. Feat appealed to me and Dot's productions sounded really tight. After a while however I felt like something was missing. Couldn't really say what it was. Blindspot got talent, there's no doubt about that and tracks like A Single Note, A Second Guess really got my head bopping. But in the end I guess it's what can be said about many records out there. They're good and there's really nothing wrong with them. They just don't feel special in any ways which makes me lose interest quite quickly. And I'm afraid that's the case with Apart. It's a good record, but there will always be other records I'd rather listen to. Harsh perhaps, but honest. Good work though guys.

Rating: 5/10

No comments: