Monday, January 30, 2012

P.T. Burnem - Ornithopter

I must admit that P.T. Burnem is a quite recent find for me, but one that I'm glad I did discover. He brings something that I too often miss in music nowadays, and his skills combined with an intensity that travels beyond the grooves of the record itself. And listening to Ornithopter makes me,  time and again,  feel that he grabs me by the neck and forces me to follow him on his journey. And what a pleasant journey it is. 8 tracks of beautifully multi layered productions that makes a perfect companion to his urgent delivery and his commanding voice. The only thing I kind of wish listening to it, is that I would like to see him live, because I'm sure that it's then that he's really on top of his game. The record clocks in around 20 minutes and I love it all the more for it. I time and again wish that artists would rather release short well focused records instead of long records trying to show of all that they know. Those records generally end up being tiresome in the long run, while records like Ornithopter stays fresh and relevant with each listen. Check out one of New Hampshire's finest, check out P.T. Burnem. You won't be disappointed.

Rating: 7/10

No comments: