Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BeOND - EverYThingZ BacKWardS

Acid Reign has been a favourite group of mine for years, so it's with great excitement that I sit down to listen to the debut album from BeOND, one half of the group. I've always been a big fan of BeOND as an emcee, and I definitely don't get disappointed when I listen to EverYThingz BacKWardS. His flow and style is very personal and strong, and he has one of those voices that commands you to stay focused and listen to what he has to say. We get 15 songs of first class lyricism and BeOND shows why he is one of the West Coast's finest emcees. On a few tracks he joins up with people such as Luckyiam and Self Jupiter. I can't say that I'm feeling the beats 100% of the time, but that has more to do with personal taste than anything else. Tired of listening to lazy and uncreative rappers? Do yourself a favour and pick up EverYThingz BacKWardS. BeOND shows why Project Blowed should never be underrated. 
Rating: 6.5/10

No comments: