Monday, March 26, 2012

Ourobonic Plague - Post Human Possibilities

I love new discoveries. The artists that you never heard about before, but all of a sudden they're there right in front of you, and the music they serve up is of the highest standard. Last week I stumbled across the the webpage of the collective The Community. It was a lovely day going through all the different artists there, and I'm sure we'll see plenty more about them here on this page. 
One of the artists that I got hooked on immediately was Nick Sweepah. A wicked emcee with just the right amount of quirkiness for me to love it. After listening to some of his stuff I got in touch with him to see how I could get hold of more music from him. He then let me know that he's really not doing the hip hop stuff so much anymore but that his focus nowadays is on making music under the name Ourobonic Plague. And Post Human Possibilites is an EP that dropped earlier this year. 
Here we're getting 6 tracks of dark industrial drone that strikes a cord with me at once. Ever since I first listened to it, it's been on constant rotation in my headphones. A perfect soundtrack when discovering new places and new cultures. My personal favourite on the record is Connection Failed which I can't really get enough of at the moment. I will definitely keep my eyes on this guy in the future.

Rating: 7/10

No comments: