Thursday, March 01, 2012

Kodacrome - Perla

Elissa Pociask. There is something about her and her voice that got me in a spell. Ever since I first heard her together with Brenmar back in 2005, I've been a huge fan of her, and I loved everything that she has released. When I first heard about Kodacrome I most admit I got a bit sad. I had hoped that she would stay a solo artist since I didn't think she really need anyone else. But I was wrong. Ryan Casey and Phil DaRosa feels like the missing link I wasn't even aware that was missing. Ryan's soundscapes complements Elissa's pop melodies and dark humoured lyrics perfectly. When I was lucky enough to hear a demo of some of their songs, I couldn't stop looking forward to their first proper release. And now it's here. Perla is 6 tracks of the most perfect electronic pop that I could ask for. I fell in love with the opening track The Bug at once, and just when I thought it was the height of pure love, track after track just deepened the love. After the 24 minutes, I just can't help playing it one more time and fall in love all over again. I also have to admit that I'm very pleased to see that they decided to put Robbery, one of my favourite songs of 2011, on the record. Perfect pop for 2012.

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments: