Thursday, May 10, 2012

2econd Class Citizen - The Small Minority

One artist that surely goes from strength to strength is 2econd Class Citizen. Ever since 2005 he has released strong instrumental records that is both powerful and frail at the same time. Few people out there today can create as much mood and beautiful soundscapes as this London based artist. I loved his debut album A World Without and I'm very pleased that his follow-up The Small Minority shows that he has developed even more, and he is now amongst our finest producers today. A lot of the time when I'm listening to instrumental albums nowadays, I after a while wonder what some of the tracks would sound like with vocalists. That's not the case with 2econd Class Citizen. He is kind of like DJ Shadow in that way, he don't really need anyone else to make amazing songs and records that you can listen to over and over again without ever tiring. One of my favourite albums so far this year.
Rating: 8/10

No comments: