Monday, June 04, 2012

doseone - G is for Deep

doseone. That's almost sacred ground to me. He's been one of my favourite emcees for many years, and there is something about him that I really love no matter what weird stuff he comes up. G is for Deep is probably the anticon record that I have looked forward to the most these last few years. When I finally had the chance to sit down and listen to it, I did so with closed eyes and a smile on my face. Half way through the album though, I removed the headphones and felt restless. It's not a bad record, far from it. Very well made and dose still has some of the most weirdly amazing lyrics out there. But you know how I said he's one of my favourite emcees? Well, he's not one of my favourite singers, and this whole record ended up like some kind of well produced, intelligent elevator music. I can't pretend not to be disappointed. Singing seems to be the new thing amongst a lot of underground rappers today, I hope the trend is a short lived one. 
Rating: 5.5/10

No comments: