Friday, June 22, 2012

variex. - The Glass Swan Project - Anti-Love Songs for Lovers

I've been looking forward to this album ever since the first time I heard about it. variex. is definitely one of my favourite unsung artists out there. He's not only a really good emcee and text writer, but he's also a very good producer that makes beats that most people out there would be proud to put their names to. I first heard of him back in 2009 when he dropped his album Observations From Across the Room, and I've been following his development closely ever since. He's truly gone from strength to strength and his latest album The Glass Swan Project - Anti-Love Songs for Lovers is just as beautiful as I had hoped. We are getting treated to 13 amazing songs. For each listen the album grows, and you find more and more favourite tracks. As if all this wasn't enough, he's joined on a few tracks by old favourites such as Ceschi, Brad Hamers and otem rellik. And even with great names like that onboard, he still shines the most on his own and shows that the best artists sometimes are found deep underground (and I'm not talking about 2Pac).
Rating: 7.5/10

No comments: