Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ancient Mith - Floor Scraps From a Rough Gentleman


I can't quite remember when I first heard music from Braden Smith a.k.a Ancient Mith, but I'm sure it was as late as last year. I do remember though how much I enjoyed the album Braden Smith & The Walrus and ever since then I've kept my eyes on him. And I'm really glad I did. His latest effort, Floor Scraps From a Rough Gentleman, is nothing less than awesome. Haven't been able to stop listening to it. So for you who haven't heard of him, the closest comparison I can come at the moment is actually to liken him to an early sole or Sage Francis, you know the days when they were better, or at least more interesting,  than they are today. Ancient Mith is perhaps not the world's most technical emcee, but I love his flow and his lyrics. And he's got the beats to match it all too. I think this guys is heavily underrated and I think you need to check him out. And luckily for you the album is for free. Just go to http://bradensmith.bandcamp.com/ and enjoy the sounds of Ancient Mith.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: