Monday, February 07, 2011

The Insane Warrior - We Are the Doorways


I guess it's best to get it out of the way at once. Yes, The Insane Warrior is the alter ego of rjd2. He decided to release this album as a way of releasing himself of the expectations of doing a new rjd2 record and instead just doing something for the fun of it. But no matter what name the music is done under, it's still a good one. Not everyone has appreciated his change in style over the years, but I have. I've been a fan of him ever since the days of MHz, his success album Deadringer on Definitive Jux, his work as a part of Soul Position and up until his album The Colossus from last year. Few producers out there have the same spectrum as rjd2 and he always comes up with good stuff. So what about We Are the Doorways? I like it. A lot. Check it out for yourselves if you don't trust me.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments: