Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sole - Mansbestfriend pt. 5

Time then for the latest installment of sole's mansbestfriend saga. I will be the first to admit that I've been losing interest in his music these last couple of years. His work with the Skyrider Band has felt, if not bad, then at least boring plain and simple. But I will also admit that I'm one of those who keep saying to himself that sole have been making quite boring albums since after Live from Rome. I know that it's far from fair, but I'm only being honest. But knowing that he can outshine most people out there on a good day has meant that I've always kept track of his newer material. And what I've heard from his upcoming Nuclear Winter 2 mixtape have felt very lackluster. So it was with mixed emotions that I sat down to listen to Mansbestfriend pt. 5. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It feels like a more mature sole here. A man that have lived and seen a lot and understood that it's not about who's talking the loudest, but instead that the importance is in what is being said. I like the productions overall and find myself nod along to them throughout the album. sole is still angry, but also seems to be feeling betrayed, loving and tired at the same time. He is human after all. A good effort.
Review: 3/5

No comments: