Wednesday, September 05, 2012

mattr. - Wasting My Life

I don't know if I want to call Wasting My Life a proper album. Most of the beats here are taken from the Little Eskimo Jesus album that will never see the light of day. And in that sense it feels a bit fragmented, like it misses vocals to go along with the melodies. But with that being said, I really like Wasting My Life a lot. mattr. is one of my absolute favourite producers out there, and few people can evoke such emotions with their music as he can. It's heartbreaking, touching and beautiful. People who know me well know how much I loved the first Little Eskimo Jesus record. But even if I'm a bit saddened that we won't get to see a follow up to it, I'm happy to at least get to enjoy the productions behind it. I now also have some really excellent music to look forward to in the future. mattr. is working on two projects that on paper is extremely promising. Rustwalker with Selfhelp and DJ Extend, and another one with Ancient Mith. Until then, go to his Bandcamp page and enjoy some excellent music.
Rating: 6.5/10

No comments: