Thursday, September 06, 2012

Two Reviews of babelfishh & oskar ohlson - We'd Rather Not

Jessika's review: 
Since I don’t have much of underground hip hop experience nor knowledge, I will not go into a name dropping frenzy in order to state my opinion on this album. All I can, and need to, say is: This people, is really good shit!!!
Michael's review: 
There's quite a few alternative artists that have tried to combine underground hip hop with the sounds of indie pop. Most of them have failed miserably and ended up releasing stuff that just feels fake and badly constructed. On their record Pinky Swear back in 2009, babelfishh and oskar ohlson touched upon a good hybrid at times, but didn't really go there. 
But finally the perfect mix is here. We'd Rather Not has just the right elements of alternative leftfield hip hop and the most beautful and melodic pop. I could easily go through each and every track on this album to try to explain what's so good about it, but I won't. These two guys have made one of this year's best albums by far and I want the music to speak for itself. 
I do however want to give credit where it's due, and this album wouldn't be what it is without the amazing help from people like winterismyname, filkoe, mildew and the amazing knertz choir. Some really great musicians coming together to make a really great album.

Jessika's rating: 7.5/10
Michael's rating: 8/10

No comments: