Friday, September 14, 2012

Sinestetici - Concrete and Chrysanthemums

Hmm... What can I say about Sinestetici and her album Concrete and Chrysanthemums? She's a good singer and the songs are not that bad. I just can't seem to get overly excited about listening to trip hop in 2012. I used to love, and still do, the early albums from artists such as Massive Attack, Portishead as well as some of Björk's albums from the early 90's as well as the releases on Mo'Wax at that time. But to me, music has moved on since then and there's nothing interesting about that form of music today. It's developed into the elevator music of today. But with that being said, I don't want to trash this album. It's just not for me. Perhaps there's an audience out there for this, and I truly wish Sinestetici all the best in her career. But for me, it's time to listen to something else.
Rating: 4/10

No comments: