Friday, November 23, 2012

Adeem & DJ MF Shalem - Made in New Hampshire

Adeem and DJ MF Shalem. Hearing about them making an album together makes me smile. And luckily the music on Made in New Hampshire has the same effect. Adeem has for many years been one of my absolute favourite emcees out there, and just hearing him doing his thing is enough to make me a happy man. And after a few years not making music together on record, I love that he's back together with DJ MF Shalem. Their earlier record Transitions was a huge favourite when it come out in 2004 and it's still a record that I frequently return to. What I love about Made in New Hampshire, and the guys behind it, is how it's a fun and warm record that is based on muscianship, skills and great songs and no silly image. Sure, Adeem might not be the coolest cat to some people, but I dare them to step up to the plate against him when it comes to pure mic skill and presence. He's the man, no doubt about it. Enough ass kissing now. Do yourself a favour and pick up this album. It's hip hop at it's finest and artists like this deserve all the support they can get.
Rating: 7/10

No comments: