Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nomar Slevik - The Healing Process

I really dug In the Field Where I Died when it dropped last year, so when I heard that Nomar Slevik was about to release a new album, I got really excited. The Healing Process has just arrived, and it didn't disappoint me at all. It feels as if Nomar Slevik has created his own little field where he produces music that is unmistakingly his. If I were to try to describe him, it would be as a more dirty and grimey Buck 65, but without sounding the least bit as a copy. It's earthy and rural at the same time as it's industrial and filthy. His music feels like a compressed America of today, and together with guests such as Neila and Hobs Sputnik, Milled Pavement's elder statesman have produced yet another solid album.
Rating: 7/10

No comments: