Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#3 David Ramos - Sento La Tua Mancanza

If there is one guy who genuinely wore his heart on his sleeve this year, it has to be David Ramos. He released the most beautiful celebration of his grand mother that no matter what I would try to put into words only would cheapen it all. What I can say is that Sento La Tua Mancanza constists of 14 of the most heartfelt and amazing songs that came out this year, and listening to it brings daily joy.

I asked David to give as a glimpse into what he felt about the music 2012, and this is what he said: 



  • Truthfully, I listen to a lot of music that I dont really know when it came out. Constant rotation includes Little Wings and Bad Brains back catalougues. But for this year a lot of exciting music has come out. Where to start.....Factor. Factor is so talented and I've been lucky enough to hear what he and Ceschi have been working on. The 2 of them together is an instant classic in my mind. I've also been listening to my friend, Max Heath's project(child actor-victory) a lot, and I really love it. It is not normally the type of content and genre (meaning love songs) that I usually go crazy for, but damn I listen to the shit out of that CD. I did a short run with cars & trains and G-pep, and both of their albums are, in my opinion, their best work to date. I was lucky enough to play drums for Greg, so that new album really stuck to me. There is so much more, but I'll try to be brief. I notice that so far i've only listed Fake Four shit....however, one of my favorite EPs of the year is from Erin Rae and the meanwhiles, Crazy Talk. She is from Nashville (along with Beards and Spoken Nerd) and she is an incedible talent. Please take a look at some of her live videos on the web. There is a lot more.... I of course listen to DTS all the time, and think they are one of the best hip-hop groups today. Zavala is simply a genius. He knows what he is doing, and he just gets better and better. However, my last mention will not be Fake Four.... Ramshackle Glory is my most listened to band of the year. I was luck enough to play a show with them and make a video for them, and their show, lyrics, and music inspired me. They inspired me to be less cynical, while still not being completely cheesy political music. I don't want to say too much about this music, and the experience of their show, because I don't think I could fairly depict it without making it sound corny. Anyways, if you havent listened to them, please give them a good 5 listens. I almost forgot, the new P.O.S is out of this world.  god, and everything oskar ohlson has done this year has been outstanding. That sounds like a forced after thought, but it should have been the first thing I mentioned. And how can I forget about the new music from Tommy Vand rickoLus....I listen to a lot of rickolous and a lot of Electric President.....not sure about when they came out...In fact, I don't really know what day it is today.

No comments: