Friday, December 14, 2012

#8 Bigg Jus - Machines That Make Civilization Fun

I must admit that I had kind of forgot about Bigg Jus a bit. Not because he's not a great artist, but because it was a long time since I'd heard anything new from him. I think it was back in 2005 that he dropped the album Poor People's Day together with DJ Gman, but after that, nothing. 
When I heard rumours about a new album from him, I got a bit excited but didn't really think anything would happen to be honest. But boy was I wrong! Machines That Make Civilization Fun dropped like a bomb earlier this year and for a couple of months, this was an album I listened to daily. In many ways, this will always be a part of my soundtrack when I think back to my time in Melbourne. 
It's dark, majestic, futuristic and nothing short of excellent. The old members from Company Flow never seem to be able to put a foot wrong. There are rumours of a new Nephlim Modulation Systems album dropping in 2013, but who knows. I don't care if it takes another 7-8 years for him to release a new album. I'm sure that it will be extra special whenever it comes.

No comments: