Saturday, December 15, 2012

#7 A Band of Buriers - Filth

Last year A Band of Buriers completely blew me away. No artist, and no album, really came close to their debut album. The mix of James P. Honey's poetry and timbre voice, and Jamie Romain's beautiful melodies gave me chills of pleasure. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard that the follow up, Filth, was on it's way. At first I was slightly disappointed when it arrived, but quite quickly it started to grow on me. I think it was the fact that this time I knew what to expect that took away some of the thrill. But the music is still as good, and ABOB is one of my absolute favourite groups out there. Any other year this album would probably have landed further up on the list, but this year the guys have to settle for seventh place.

I asked Jamie what his personal musical highlight of the year was, and this is what he had to say:

It has been such a great year for A Band Of Buriers that it is hard to pick one single highlight. Certainly, touring with Micah P. Hinson would be up there, as would composing and performing for the theatre in Marseille, traveling through Austria with the Left Fields gang, the new vinyl edition of the album… So many of the adventures we have embarked on and friends we have made in the past 12 months could make the cut. But the absolute highlight has to be the introduction of the girls to the band. Annie, Anna, Laura and Georgia not only make us a much better looking band, but have also helped us to push our sound and our performances. They say that behind every great man stands a great woman. We are fortunate to have two each. 2013 is in real trouble.

No comments: