Thursday, November 11, 2010

Going Postal Review

Going Postal

Review: I must admit that I discovered the joys of Terry Pratchett quite late in my life. But as they say, better late than never. A few years ago Sky One made an adaptation of Hogfather which I fell totally in love with. It's now a part of my yearly Christmas tradition to watch it. 2 years later, in 2008, The Colour of Magic came. It was an adaptation of the two novels The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic. I have totally missed that one I'm afraid. A mistake I will make up for these next couple of days. But to get back to the subject. This year the third installment in adaptations came, Going Postal. I just watched the two episodes, and I must say it's a treat. Not quite as good as The Hogfather but nevertheless a true joy to watch. I really love the magic of the Discworld and the humour of Terry Pratchett. I really look forward to sinking my teeth into The Colour of Magic now!

No comments: