Saturday, November 27, 2010

Van Diemen's Land

Van Diemen's Land

Review: It's always nice when people around suggests movies for me to watch. Because then you sometime stumble across movies you perhaps would miss out on otherwise. Such as Van Diemen's Land. My Australian friend Pippa suggested this one and I'm really glad she did. The movie is based on true story about Alexander Pearce, an infamous Australian convict and his escape with seven other convicts. During their escape from a penal settlement on Van Diemen's Land (nowadays known as Tasmania) their initial enthusiasm and joy of being free soon changes into cannibalism and a struggle to survive. This is a truly strong movie which stays with you after it's finished. It's far from a feelgood movie, but it's extremly good and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Now I can't wait to see the next movie that Pippa suggested to me.

No comments: