Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Josef Mauritzson - Höstens Färger feat. Linn Höglund

I just realized that I almost never post any music in Swedish here on beats, breaks & big smiles 2.0. I really don't know why, even though I'm the first to admit that the majority of what I listen to is in other languages. I think that with exception of Swedish punk rock, I never listen to songs in Swedish. Time to go a different route. The video of the day is my friend Josef Mauritzsons video Höstens Färger. The song is about a strong memory from Josefs darkest days when he was trapped in his abuse of alcohol and drugs. He was out picking mushrooms with his father when he all of a sudden stopped seeing colours. Everything around him was in a greyscale and he was sure his last moment had arrived. But he survived and have now been drugfree for 8 years. And now came the time when he felt he was ready to record this song. And what a song it is! I got goosebumps from it and couldn't stop watching it. I've always known that Josef was a good producer, but here he also shines as a lyricist. And what about the soulful vibes from Linn Höglund! Here we have a talent to look out for in the future.

No comments: