Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm Still Here

I'm Still Here

Review: I just watch the mockumentary that chronicles a year in the life of Joaquin Phoenix life. I guess most people already know about this movie. Joaquin publicly annonunced his retirement from acting and then tried to pursue a career as a rapper. During this time we also got to witness the downfall of this man through drugs, fights and so on. In September this year the director, Casey Affleck, announced that it all was fake. And now the movie is here. The thing is, and I guess a lot of people say this after they found out, but I never really believed in the story. Sure, I truly believed that he quit acting, but the rapper thing? No way. But that is really besides the point. Is it a good movie? Well, it's interesting and well done, but at the same time it feels like a bit of a waste of time. Especially seeing it after the truth came out. But still, Joaquin is a good actor and a fascinating character so it was worth watching.

No comments: