Thursday, July 14, 2011

iD the Poet & Dusty Nix - Bully Free


I just got sent this album the other day. I must admit that both iD the Poet & Dusty Nix was completely unknown me before that mail. But new sounds are always welcome, and especially when they sound like this. At the same time as I know that this is probably nothing that I will listen to in 6 months time, it feels fresh and funky for the time being and isn't that really what music is all about. The productions on the album is a mix of boom bap, electronic sound scapes and guitars and it all creates a pleasant wall of sound for the vocals to ride on. I might miss something that really grabs me and shakes me around a bit, but in headphones on the way to work this is perfect music for those days that you just want to dream away a bit. Wanna check it out yourself? Go to the bandcamp page and cop that shit. It's name-your-price so even cheap skates can afford it.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: