Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest

Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest

Review: This is one documentary I've been looking forward to seeing for a long time. A Tribe Called Quest is one of the most important groups if I look back onto my musical life. Ever since I first heard them back in 1990 I've loved their music and A Low End Theory is one of my top 5 albums of all time. And I must say that I liked this documentary made by Michael Rapaport. It tells the story of the band and don't shy away from the internal conflicts and the reasons behind their breakup. It feels honest, it feels real and it was rewarding to watch it. Now I think it's time to pull out their records from the collection and enjoy them once again.



No comments: