Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kapten Röd - Fläcken Som Aldrig Går Bort


There are few records that I've been looking forward to as much as Fläcken Som Aldrig Går Bort. Ever since I first heard Kapten Röd back in like 2005 I've been following him closely. I've never really been a huge fan of reggae, and especially not in Swedish. But when Kapten Röd entered the scene I was totally blown away. And to add to it all, I have to mention that he's also one of the nicest and warmest artists I ever had the pleasure to talk to. His debut album Stjärnorna Finns Här that was released in 2007 is one of my favourite records these last few years. So you can imagine my expectations when this album finally dropped this week. And was I disappointed? No, far from it. Kapten Röd still shows why he's Sweden's finest when it comes to reggae, and also why he's one of my favourite lyricists. I would love to give this album a top rating, but I'm afraid that I can't do that. As much as I love him and this album, I have to admit that all tracks don't hold up very well. Wasteman Blues is by far the weakest track on the album and Bua! that is featuring Promoe is not that memorable. But enough of the negativity. Fläcken Som Aldrig Går Bort is still on of the best albums I've heard in a long time, and I will have it on frequent rotation on my iPhone for many many months.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

rapitup said...

Sjukt. Pratade precis i telefon och sa att Wasteman Blues och låten med Promoe var skivans bottennapp. I övrigt en riktigt grym skiva!

/Pontus