Sunday, November 27, 2011

Juan Deuce & Falside - The Mechanics EP

Listening to this EP was quite a rollercoaster. I loved the opening track Guts and was sure I was in for a treat. The beginning of the second track was promising, but after the first 40 seconds it all changed for me. At first I couldn't say why but after a few listens I kind of began to understand it. I don't like Juan Deuce's rapstyle. Don't get me wrong, it's really nothing wrong with it. For me it just feels like he has overdosed on his own influences. And finally I really got why I had a problem with this album. It feels like Juan hasn't really found his own style yet, which makes it feel like he sounds like a different person on each track. I kind of feel Falside's productions from time to time, but I don't think that this is an EP for me. This attempt to mix indie hop hop of today and 90's boom bap is sadly a hit and miss for me. I'm sure though that these guys can come up with good stuff in the future.

Rating: 2/5

No comments: